Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Looking to save on the food budget, and still put something hearty and filling on the table? This Mexican Rice Casserole is a delicious recipe that will do just that. You can't beat this hearty casserole, it is filled with bacon, and ground meat. This recipe is by Virginia McDowell, Jefferson City, MO. 1968.
- 4 slice bacon
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped green pepper
- 236.59 ml Minute Rice
- 453.59 g ground chuck
- 1 small cloved garlic, minced
- 414.03 ml water
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 591.47 ml grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Fry bacon until crisp and drain. Add onion and green pepper to drippings in pan and cook until tender. Add rice; cook until golden. Stir in beef and garlic cooking until beef is almost done. Stir in water, tomato sauce and seasonings. Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Spoon half meat into 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and add remaining meat. Top with the rest of the cheese and bacon. Bake at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes.