Recipe by Vir9inia
Hot wings that are breaded, fried and spicy. In the search for a perfect Buffalo/Hot Wing -- I created recipe this for my loving husband, Chris. I hope you enjoy it! (Read ahead to the next step for preheat settings.)
Top Review by mamie's
I was looking for a good fryed hot wings recipe and tryed this one, it was so so good! The baking at the end was the thing to do! I think that this is the PERFECT recipe!!
Thank you Virginia for posting, I will keep this in my file!
- 2721.55 g chicken wings (washed, cut into 3 sections & discard tips)
- 946.36 ml canola oil
- 768.91 ml flour
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml cayenne pepper (more if you dare)
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 12.32 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 3 eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 566.99 g hot sauce
- 236.59 ml butter
- 29.58 ml cayenne pepper (more if you dare)
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Breading The Wings ~ In small bowl, beat eggs and milk until combined. In separate bowl, mix together flour, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic and onion. Dip chicken wing sections into milk mixture and then into the dry mixture. Place breaded chicken in rows on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle your rows of wings with remaining flour mixture. Loosely cover with plastic wrap. Refridgerate for at least one hour.
- Wing Sauce ~ Combine hot sauce, butter, cayenne, honey, black pepper and galic into medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until boil, reduce to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Deep Fry Chicken ~ Preheat the deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Fry each batch for about 8 minutes (cooking times will vary depending on your fryer). Let wings rest for a minute or so on cookie rack over a paper towel lined tray.
- Saucing The Wings.~ Take fried wings and dip into your "Wing Sauce" in sauce pan simmering, make sure to cover the entire wing. Remove from sauce.
- Sealing The Sauce.~ Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place your wings with sauce into preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- (You can store these wings in the freezer by wrapping in aluminum foil twice and placing in a freezer bag. You can reheat straight from the freezer ~ just place on foil lined sheet and bake for 10 minutes in oven preheated to 375 degrees F, separate wings at that point and continue baking for about 15 minutes.).