Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups leeks, cut into 1/2 inch rings (halved if leeks are very large)
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup diced fresh ripe tomatoes, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup julienned fresh basil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly coat with flour.
- Put water on to boil for pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet; tent to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and mushrooms and saute until softened.
- Add vinegar and reduce by three-fourths.
- Add cream and tomatoes and cook until thickened.
- Add half the basil and all the cheese; reduce heat to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add pasta to cream sauce and toss with sauce.
- Garnish with remaining basil.
- Serve chicken breasts alongside pasta.
Excellent dish! This was a big hit when I served it to company. Delish! Made for Family Picks ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.