Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another old time recipe--one I make for the holidays too. All my family raves and it gets made regularly every year. This is one of those raves.
- Empty liquid off beans and rinse the beans; add onion and mix.
- Dressing: In a small pan, put all dressing ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cool before pouring over bean mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate till good and cold.
- This salad is better after 24 hours, so if you want to make it a day or so before you need it, it will be delicious.
We really enjoyed this Bean Salad! I took it to a pot luck dinner and it was gone before I knew it!!! Everyone asked for the recipe. Anotner plus is I was able to put it together the day before and then just take it out of the refrigerator and go to the party. The dressing was perfect for the beans. Thank AGAIN, Darlene Summers, your recipes never disapoint me.
Delish & extremely easy side dish, especially for a cook out! However, I didn't even use the full 3/4 cup of sugar and still found it a little bit too sweet. I would suggest using half the amount of sugar, but I do like things a bit more on the vinegar-y side. Also - I added a green bell pepper for a little bit more crunch!
I'm trying salad-type recipes that I can serve when all the family comes this summer for our Anniversary. Tried your delicious Bean Salad last night and sure plan on it being on the menu. I cut back the sugar about an 1/8th of a cup and added some diced celery. I'll be making this one often! Thanks, Darlene Summers!