The original version came from my 'Essential Asian cookbook', It is full of flavour with a refreshing crunch with every bite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g chicken thighs or 600 g chicken breast fillets
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small onion, sliced finely
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1Marinate chicken in Hoisin sauce for at least 2 hours.
- 2Then grill or BBQ until cooked.
- 3Slice chicken into long thin strips.
- 4Combine the chicken, celery, carrot, cabbage, onion, coriander and mint in a large bowl.
- 5To make dressing put all ingredients into a jar and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- 6To make topping: Heat oil in a fry pan or wok, add garlic and stir-fry until golden, then stir in peanuts and sugar.
- 7Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss to combine, Place chicken salad on a serving plate and sprinkle with peanut mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Warm Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.5
- Calories from Fat 668
- Total Fat 74.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 252.9 mg
- Sodium 1541.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 59.7 g