Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Closet Cooking Blog.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb carrot (peeled and cut to match stick size)
- 1⁄2 lb daikon radish (peeled and cut to match stick size)
- Mix the water, vinegar, sugar and salt until the sugar and salt dissolves.
- Place the carrots and radish in a container and cover with the pickling liquid.
- Let pickle for at least and hour and store in the fridge for up to a week.
These were very good. I never ate daikon radishes before but the vendor at the Farmers Market wanted to get rid of the last bunch of daikons he had left so he gave them to me to try. I didn't know how to prepare these so when I took one bite from the daikon I thought they were horrible. I found this recipe and glad I tried it. I added1/4 cup of rice vinegar & 1/4 cup white vinegar, a little bit of mirin, cooking sherry and a little bit of sesame oil plus the rest of the ingredients. I've been munching on them ever since.
This is exactly what I was looking for. This is a great condiment for Vietnamese sandwiches or banh coun (white crepe like rolls) or bun (rice vermicelli) with grilled meat or shrimp. Fast and easy. Delicious. Thank you.