Recipe by kzbhansen
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
This recipe deserves 5 stars! It gives a little heat, is a little sweet, and is spicy from the ginger and garlic! I added 1/4 t sesame oil, 2 T sesame seeds, a large sliced onion, and 6-8 chopped baby carrots to the fish sauce and 1/2 c water, and cooked the mixture til the carrots were tender. This recipe was tagged for Karen's Cookathon ~
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon msg or 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- sliced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a oil on medium heat fry the garlic slices until fragrant remove garlic and set aside, then add the pork and stir until well cooked,and dark, making sure to separate a finely as possible.
- Add sugar, and fry until browner in color. Add msg and fish sauce and taste. Add crushed pepper, or black pepper if.
- Add the garlic slices, add 1/2 cup of water, and let simmer until water has almost evaporated.
- Remove garlic and ginger, and serve with rice.