Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We always have this tailgating for Fall football games, but its great any other time too. Be sure to use vidalias if you can, but if not, any sweet onion could do. Vidalias are from Vidalia, GA of course, so this is a Bulldawg recipe! From a true fan's mother, who hasn't missed a tailgate in years.
- Combine the sugar, hot water, and vinegar.
- Pour over the onions and let soak overnight in a deep dish.
- The next day, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Drain the onoins well.
- If you don't drain very well, the dip will be very watery.
- Stir in the onions and mix well.
- Serve with crusty bread or chips and bloody marys!