- 3 large vidalia onions or 3 large other sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Combine onion, cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and garlic; stir well.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips or assorted crackers.