Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a grocery flyer. Haven't tried it yet.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini
- 4 vidalia sweet onions
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Wash and cut zucchini and onions in 1/4 inch slices.
- Place in medium sized saucepan.
- Add water to cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Boil until tender; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Add to zucchini onion mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until hot, bubbly and lightly browned.