Recipe by seashells63
Vicky made me this stew when I came home from hospital the first few days I cannot cook. I love the flavour and texture out of it. It reminds me of my mom's!
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 ounces beef stew seasoning
- 2 large yellow onions, quartered
- 4 large potatoes, chopped 1 1/2inch
- 4 large carrots, chopped 1 inch
- 4 celery, chopped 1 inch
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mix with
- 1⁄4 cup water, mix well
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover meats with flour, shake out excess.
- oil in large pot on med-high heat.
- cook and brown all meats (approx 7 mins) using tongs.
- add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, stew seasoning, veggies, salt and pepper to taste.
- or (dump all in crock pot, cook all day on low).
- MAKE SURE FILL WATER TO COVER ALL VEGGIES AND STUFF WHILE COOKING!
- bring to boil, reduce covered and simmer 2 1/2-3 hours.
- or until veggies are tender.
- 1 tablespoon constarch with 1/4 cup water, blend well.
- pour in to thicken the sauce IF DESIRED.
- sprinkle with parsley, cook thoroughly.