Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Vicki. She makes these for the farmers market and boy they sell fast. They have chocolate chips in them. they are a firm cookie and taste like a mixture of sugar cookie and chocolate chip. they are very good.
- Cream the butter, vegetable oil and sugars together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the creamed ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make into small balls and roll into sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes on ungreased baking sheet.
These were just average as far as choc. chip cookies go. I only cooked them for 10 minutes per batch, but they weren't soft like I thought they should be. They were rather firm, but nice looking. Definitely taste better on the second day, when the butter flavor has a chance to come to the fore. I thought the dough was a bit dry, and it wasn't easy to keep the choc. chips from falling out of the cookie dough. I think I'll try this recipe as biscotti, since that is what the dough reminded me of. Thanks for sharing.