- Ready In:
- 1hr 8mins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add eggs and extracts; beat until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients,gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden.
- Let cool 2 minutes on sheets.
- Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
Join The Conversation