1/1 Photo of Very Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie
I searched high and low and could not find a recipe that came in under 10gr fat per serving so I put together something of my own, which I immediately fed to my two favourite 'guinea pigs' who enjoyed it! Success
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small chunks
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1Preheat your oven to 400F.
- 2Saute your vegetables in a large skillet until tender.
- 3Add chopped up chicken and cook about 5 minutes.
- 4Add stock and half the wine, bring to a simmer and cook until everything is tender (10 minutes) You may need to add more stock.
- 5Mix remaining wine with cornstarch in a small bowl and add stirring until everything thickens.
- 6Pour into a casserole dish and set aside.
- 7Put the flour in a bowl, add in green onions.
- 8Mix the egg substitute with milk and add to the flour and mix until no large clumps of dry flour are left. You may need to add more milk, you want the consistency of incredibly thick pancake batter but not something that you would roll out on the counter.
- 9Carefully spoon over top of the filling in the casserole dish.
- 10Bake approx 20 minutes or until nice and brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Low Fat Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 1396.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 22.8 g