Recipe by ComoxFoodie
I searched high and low and could not find a recipe that came in under 10gr fat per serving so I put together something of my own, which I immediately fed to my two favourite 'guinea pigs' who enjoyed it! Success
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small chunks
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon savory
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Saute your vegetables in a large skillet until tender.
- Add chopped up chicken and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and half the wine, bring to a simmer and cook until everything is tender (10 minutes) You may need to add more stock.
- Mix remaining wine with cornstarch in a small bowl and add stirring until everything thickens.
- Pour into a casserole dish and set aside.
- Put the flour in a bowl, add in green onions.
- Mix the egg substitute with milk and add to the flour and mix until no large clumps of dry flour are left. You may need to add more milk, you want the consistency of incredibly thick pancake batter but not something that you would roll out on the counter.
- Carefully spoon over top of the filling in the casserole dish.
- Bake approx 20 minutes or until nice and brown.