Recipe by Nunzio's Daughter
Better than the box!
Top Review by Sharon the Rocket
Awesome!! I used 2% milk and made recipe exactly as posted. What a wonderful recipe! I ladled the thickened pudding into little glass bowls/cups and filled 11 (probably would have gotten 12 if I hadn't kept licking the pudding off my fingers!) Excellent! Put a little whipped cream on top and was delicious. Made for Bargain Basement 2012.
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- in a saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and sugar.
- in a separate bowl mix together milk, cream, half & half, and vanilla.
- whisk 1 c of milk mixture into sugar mixture until dissolved.
- whisk in rest of milk mixture.
- cook over medium heat until thick.
- stir in chocolate chips until melted, about 1 minute.
- remove from heat, stir in butter until melted.
- pour into serving cups to cool.