Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Better than the box!
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- in a saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and sugar.
- in a separate bowl mix together milk, cream, half & half, and vanilla.
- whisk 1 c of milk mixture into sugar mixture until dissolved.
- whisk in rest of milk mixture.
- cook over medium heat until thick.
- stir in chocolate chips until melted, about 1 minute.
- remove from heat, stir in butter until melted.
- pour into serving cups to cool.
Awesome!! I used 2% milk and made recipe exactly as posted. What a wonderful recipe! I ladled the thickened pudding into little glass bowls/cups and filled 11 (probably would have gotten 12 if I hadn't kept licking the pudding off my fingers!) Excellent! Put a little whipped cream on top and was delicious. Made for Bargain Basement 2012.
Wow...is this ever delicious! This pudding puts the boxed stuff to shame for sure. It is thick, creamy, VERY chocolaty and oh-so rich. The only change that I made was to use milk chocolate chips instead of the semi-sweet as this is a personal preference. I poured it into a 2-qt. dish to cool and it filled it completely, so it makes a large batch. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. We loved it!
**Made for Spring 2012 PAC**