Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This chili has lots of veggies, making it a colorful & healthy meal. Adding maple syrup to the recipe balances the spicy chili flavor very well. Top with grated cheddar and serve with warm homemade bread!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I like to use green and orange for more color)
- 48 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- chili seasoning mix (try Chili Seasoning Mix)
- In skillet, brown turkey.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and pepper in olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain turkey and add to onion and pepper.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for at least an hour. I like to simmer all day!
This was a great comfort dish!!! Loved the maple sirup in this - but I did use only 1/4 cup which was sweet enough for us!! Made for 123 Tag. Thanks poo! :)
This was just as good as I imagined it would be! The maple syrup gives a very nice sweetness that goes great with the jalapeno.I used your recommended spice blend and really liked it, too. My husband was initially not too thrilled when I said we were having chili but made a point of telling me how good it was. Thanks poo235, for posting a great chili. Roxygirl
Yum Yum, I made this ahead for Monday. Chilli is always better a day or two after (believe it or not I made in the middle of the night (insomnia). If it improves, and it doesn't need to. It is great I would rate it a 10 (the system won't allow me to do that however. Just wanted you to know we really loved this. Leanne