Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I get sick and tired of always having Italian Dressing on spaghetti salad, so I did a little experimenting. I don't believe I've ever brought this anywhere without someone asking for the recipe. I put the overnight refrigeration under cooking time.
- 12 ounces vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar green olives, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip, if you prefer
- Bring six quarts of water to a boil.
- Break the vermicelli up into thirds. Add to water, cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water; drain well.
- Mix seasoned salt, onion & herb seasoning, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and pour the mixture over it.
- Toss well to coat, cover, and refrigerate overnight (or at least eight hours).
- Combing the remaining ingredients in a bowl, and add to the pasta. Mix well, and serve.