Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a huge amount, take to a pot luck. You will be asked for the recipe! I love the saltiness of the green olives. I like a lot of olives, so I add extra. This is delicious as a side dish or main salad.
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 15 ounces green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Whisk together Accent seasoning, seasoned salt, oil and lemon juice.
- Toss with vermicelli in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate while chopping vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Add vegetables and mayonnaise sauce to vermicelli and toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Just great! I served it to an appreciative crowd on Mother's Day. I made my own seasoned salt as I didn't have any premixed on hand. Also, I used angel hair pasta since that was in the pantry. The dressings are yummy on their own. Good salad for olive lovers! You are right, it makes a huge amount but leftovers for lunch were a treat for me. Thanks for sharing.