Recipe by BethR
This makes a huge amount, take to a pot luck. You will be asked for the recipe! I love the saltiness of the green olives. I like a lot of olives, so I add extra. This is delicious as a side dish or main salad.
Top Review by Chef Lola P.
This dish is super delish! Requested often and always a hit at potlucks. Lots of chopping involved, but the pay off is worth it. Don't try using your electronic chopper/food processor because it won't turn out the way it should.
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 15 ounces green olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Whisk together Accent seasoning, seasoned salt, oil and lemon juice.
- Toss with vermicelli in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate while chopping vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.
- Add vegetables and mayonnaise sauce to vermicelli and toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.