Recipe by Mysterygirl
Another recipe with it's origins in the middle ages.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We enjoyed this pie so much....I used a venison roast, it turned out beautifully. The meat was mild, moist and tender, the sauce was rich, thick and flavourful. I used a little flour to thicken the gravy. I love the combination of bay leaves and cloves in this dish. Thanks so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe Mysterygirl.
- 1⁄2 lb venison or 1⁄2 lb chuck roast, cubed
- ground cloves
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- bay leaf
- beef stock
- breadcrumbs or flour or cornstarch
- 1 double crust pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook meat, onions, carrots and spices in broth.
- If the mixture is a bit thin, use the thickening agent of your choice.
- Put into pie, cover and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 4 lbs meat.
- 5 lbs carrots.
- 5 large onions.
- Makes 8 pies although you could use more meat.