Recipe by Catnip46
This recipes comes from the 1990 NAHC Wild Game Cookbook. Try adding mushrooms if you like them, they make a great addition to this meal. You can also use beef instead of venison.
- 8 venison steak
- 8 slices bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound steaks until thin enough to roll.
- Fry bacon strips until done but not crisp.
- Lay bacon on steaks.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, minced garlic and a few chunks of chopped onion.
- Roll steaks and dredge in flour. Brown in bacon grease. Remove and drain grease.
- Mix 3 bouillon cubes with 2 cups boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Add parsley, marjoram, dry mustard and rest of onion.
- Pour into skillet and add the venison rolls.
- Simmer until tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours. Serve with the sauce.