Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't actually tried this recipe yet. Found it on the Taste of Home website. Hunting season is fast approaching and I need to find new ways to fix venison.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook venison and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Very easy to make and tasted great. This is a definate do again! I wasn't so sure while it was cooking but, once it was done........wow.
I make this every time my DS(8) gets a craving for "Cowboy"beans! This is delicious. This is easy and very economical!
Really love this. My three year old daughter couldn't get enough of it! Highly recommend this one.