Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients except for the tortilla chips in a slow cooker; stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I made this last Sunday for us to snack on while we watched the football games. The whole gang loved it. The collective opinion was--great seasonings, very zesty, a@#-kicking good, WOW!! I personally thought it was well seasoned and loved that it is low-fat. Also quite easy to make and we could serve ourselves out of the crock-pot. Thanks!!
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this dip. Colorful and zesty. I added 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning for just a litte extra umph. Low fat, easy, and delicious too. Thanks Nurse Di.