Recipe by Amezi Oisuu-Madoon
An absolutely delicious recipe with a twist on the traditional rice. The secret ingredient is cinnamon. Makes a great lunch or side dish.
Top Review by Shahana
I'm sorry to say that this did nothing for me. The nutrition is pretty good and the added vegetables are a great idea but why all the different timing? But most of all the cinnamon simply overpowered everything.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon (2 1/2 cubes)
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the water to a full boil.
- Add the bullion and stir until blended.
- Add rice and stir.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and onion powder.
- Let simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in peas and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Let sit 5 minutes, or cool completely and serve chilled.