I found this recipe in the March 2013 issue of Every Day with Rachel Ray. I added pasta to it for a more satisfying dinner. This goes perfectly with good crusty bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat broiler. In medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients; cook 8 minutes. Add thyme; cook 1 minute.
- 3Add beans and tomatoes with juices. Partially cover and cook 8 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta.
- 4Transfer mixture to 8x8 baking dish.
- 5Mix panko, cheese, and 2 tsp olive oil; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- 6Broil until golden, about 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 419.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: