Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
All aboard the oriental express...
- 150 g flat rice noodles
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 2 courgettes, cut into fine strips
- 100 g snow peas, sliced
- 220 g water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onion, shredded
- Put the noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and quickly rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce, orange juice and zest with the sugar and cornflour and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the ginger and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sherry and the peppers and fry for a minute more.
- Tip in the rest of the vegetables, except the water chestnuts and spring onions, and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the water chestnuts and spring onions, keeping a few spring onions for a garnish.
- Add the sauce and noodles and stir fry until hot.
- Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions.
- Serve straight from the wok.