Recipe by Kimke
This is a quick easy quiche perfect for special brunches like Mother's Day or Easter.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prebake prepared pie shell 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
- While shell is baking, in a large skillet, melt better and and add olive oil.
- Sauté red pepper, mushrooms and shallot over moderately high heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté, stirring, until wilted and tender, about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and season spinach mixture with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and half and half.
- Sprinkle feta over bottom of shell and arrange spinach mixture on top.
- Pour cream mixture over veggies and bake quiche for 45 minutes or until set.
- You can easily add veggies of your choice.
- Serve with fresh fruit salad for a lovely brunch.