Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is one of my favorite things to take to work for lunch. I keep the filling and tortillas separate and put the wrap together at work, so it doesn't get soggy. Nuke it for a few seconds and it is ready.
Top Review by Natalie Z
My husband and I have found a new favorite wrap right here. This was incredible. We liked that the filling was full of vegetables but we really liked the use of the brown rice. Had a nuttier flavor somehow. Great mixture of seasonings too, that really brought this to life. We had these wraps for dinner and it was filling. Thanks.
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, warm
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 10 inch whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, add water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook 1 minute or until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Drain the water and rinse the broccoli under cold water.
- Let broccoli drain completely and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato, picante sauce, basil, onion, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt; stir to mix well.
- Add the broccoli, rice, and cheese; stir to mix well.
- Spread filling mixture onto tortillas; roll-up/wrap and enjoy.