from Cooking Light. You can prepare and refrigerate the filling the night before; allow it to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before assembling the taquitos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups vegetarian ground beef (such as Yves Veggie Cuisine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can of chopped green chilies
- 1To prepare filling, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Add veggie ground round and next 4 ingredients; cook 5 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°.
- 5Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer.
- 6Working with 1 tortilla at a time, use tongs to carefully dip tortilla into broth for 2 seconds; place softened tortilla on a paper towel.
- 7Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling across lower third of tortilla; top with 2 teaspoons cheese. Roll into a cigar-shaped bundle; place rolled tortilla on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 8Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, filling, and cheese.
- 9Bake for 13 minutes or until rolls are crisp.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Taquitos
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 444.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian ground beef