Vegetarian Jalapeno Cream Cheese Taquitos
- Ready In:
- bring broth to a boil and blanch peppers in it for 2 min, reserve the broth.
- finely chop peppers and mix with cheeses, add other spices if desired, shredded vegetarian "chicken" strips, lime juice, whatever you like.
- carefully dip one tortilla at a time into hot broth for 2 seconds with tongs.
- place about 1/4-1/3 cup filling on softened tortilla in a line about 1/3 up the way from the bottom, cigar roll and place on a greased cookie sheet with seam side down.
- repeat with rest of tortillas and filling.
- bake at 425f for 13 min or until crispy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Pretty tasty and easy to throw together! Just as a hint, one cup cream cheese is 8 oz., the full block of cream cheese. I added an extra half block (4 oz.) of cream cheese to use up some that I had on hand. I also added a small handful of sliced jalapenos that I had hand chopped finely. In addition, I used a Monterrey and Cheddar cheese blend. I baked in my toaster oven, but my tortillas didn't get crispy, as I would have liked. I'm going to make these again, but broil them the last few minutes to ensure crispiness. I served these with a side of simple Mexican rice and green beans. Overall, great taste! Thank you for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in new westminster, bc. I'm currently doing tech support for a living but I may be moving on to something more rewarding soon. I have two giant cats. I like to cook and bake. I have a passion for healing craft. I'll be starting my first garden in the spring. and I can't think of anything else interesting right now.