Vegetarian Smoky, Spicy Corn Chowder
- Cook the onion and scallions in olive oil in a large soup pot until soft (5-7 minutes). Add the garlic, red pepper and paprika. Add the liquid smoke and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the broth and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the corn and half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Return to the pot, add the salt and pepper and stir to combine.