Recipe by smiles4u
My boyfriend is a vegeterian, I eat meat and it is sometimes a challenge to find good recipes we will both eat and enjoy. This one was in a Cooking Light magazine, I altered it slightly to meet our tastes and is very tasty for both the veggie and meat eater.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemeatless fat free soy crumbles (such as Boca)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) packagerefrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until tender stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, cook 3 more minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in meatless crumbles.
- Combine flour, milk, salt and pepper in small mixing bowl, stirring with whisk.
- Add to pan, bring to simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Place in 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Top with corn.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir sour cream and butter into potatoes.
- Spread potatoes evenly over corn.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until browned.