Recipe by KookieMomster
Another stuff-in-the-cupboard original. With eight people in the house, Friday night is 'surprise' night. This is very good with hot sauce, cheese, or sour cream on top. A kid pleaser and very nutritious (rice and beans) too.
Top Review by Connie Lea
This was great. I used cooked brown rice instead of rice in a bag. My husband who is a meat eater really liked it. I don't think he even noticed there was no meat in it. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks so much for the recipe.
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) bags boil-in-the-bag rice
- 2 quarts water
- 14 ounces crushed tomatoes or 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn (Niblets)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 onion
- crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine