Recipe by cwrunner01
This delicious crockpot recipe will leave your house smelling wonderfully upon entering after a long day of work (oven instructions are also included). This recipe comes from easyjewishrecipes.com. I left out the mushrooms because my husband and daughter do not like them.
- 236.59 ml dried garbanzo beans
- 236.59 ml dried navy beans
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, left whole
- 1 large onion, cut into quarters
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml kamut or 236.59 ml barley or 236.59 ml wheat berries or 236.59 ml rice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml tamari soy sauce
- porcini mushroom
- 118.29 ml raisins or 118.29 ml another dried fruit
- 29.58 ml honey or 30 ml honey
- 2.46 ml cardamom
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 4 raw eggs, in their shells (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer surface of pot with chickpeas and navy beans. Over that, place the potatoes, left whole, in the pot. If using eggs, place them among the potatoes. Add onion quarters, garlic and then the kamut or other grain selected. Drizzle oil, tamari sauce, mushrooms, raisins, honey, and each of the spices.
- Cover with water to top of pot.
- Crockpot: cook for 8-10 hours set at High. Oven: Bake covered at 250 degrees F (120 C) for 8 - 10 hours.