Recipe by cellogirl2
White beans slow cooked with vegetables and fresh herbs--parsley, rosemary, lemon thyme, and savory.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 lb dried navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh savory
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onion and carrots in oil until tender.
- In a slow cooker, combine beans, carrots and onion, mushroom broth, bouillon, and bay leaf.
- Pour in water if necessary to cover ingredients with water.
- Tie together parsley, rosemary, thyme, and savory, and add to the pot. Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Stir in potato, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Remove herbs before serving.