Recipe by The Stanger
I have tried various different homemade vegetarian burger recipes with little success. They were either too dry and flavourless, or they simply crumbled apart when you cooked them. I attempted to make my own following the same principles I use when I make beef burgers, excepting I use veggie ground round instead of ground beef. I have been extremely pleased with the results and at last I have found a terrific, healthy, vegetarian burger recipe.
- 1 (55 g) package vegetarian ground beef
- 1 large eggs or 2 small eggs
- 1 small onions or 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheese (I use chedder)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (a few shakes)
- 1 teaspoon HP steak sauce (a few squeezes)
- 3 -4 dashes salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except bread crumbs and thoroughly mix. Now add enough bread crumbs so the mixture isn't too sloppy and will form together. All you do now is form the mixture into indivdual patties for grilling or cooking.
- When you are grilling, coat the grill with oil so the patties won't stick, and grill each side so it gets golden brown.