Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Mayo Clinic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 6 fat free tortillas (10 inches in diameter)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup salsa or 3⁄4 cup pico de gallo
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the black beans, corn, cilantro, chili peppers, onions, tomatoes and garlic.
- Stir to mix evenly.
- Microwave on high power for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir and heat again for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat until the mixture is hot.
- Place 2 tortillas between paper napkins or paper towels and warm in the microwave for 20 seconds on high.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To serve:.
- Place about 1/2 cup bean mixture on 1 tortilla.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons salsa.
- Fold in the sides and the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and serve immediately.
This made a nice supper. I scaled it down for one and added some roasted jalapeno I had on hand. Thanks Charlotte! Made for PRMR game.