Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great soup adapted from "Now Your Cooking".
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 7 ounces canned tomatoes, stewed
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces tortellini, cheese-filled
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, salsa and basil; bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper; continue to simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cheese.