1/1 Photo of Vegetable Tagine
1 hr 5 mins
the perfect vegetarian dish! serve with couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 small fresh chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 236.59 ml dried lentils
- 4 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 59.14 ml tomato puree
- 236.59 ml chickpeas, cooked or canned (if canned, drain and rinse)
- 236.59 ml carrot, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 354.88 ml green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch dice
- 177.44 ml frozen green pea
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml za'atar spice mix
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- 1In a medium or large saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter or oil.
- 2Add the onions and chilies and cook until the onions begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the paprika, cayenne and cumin and continue to sauté until the onions are tender and fragrant, a few minutes longer.
- 4Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato puree and water just to cover.
- 5Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 6Add the chickpeas, carrots, green beans, zucchini, and green peas.
- 7Simmer until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 8Note: this recipe can be prepared in advance up to this point.
- 9Allow to cool, refrigerate and serve within a couple of days.
- 10Add the parsley and zaatar during the last five minute of cooking.
- 11Season to taste.
- 12Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
za'atar spice mix