Recipe by Fat Doggin'
I've tried a lot of different meatloaf recipes and every time, my DH tells me he'd rather have this meatloaf. It's my favorite as well.
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons currant jelly, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, milk, thyme rosemary, garlic salt, and pepper. Add turkey; mix well. On waxed paper pat turkey mixtureinto a 12x8-inch rectangle; set aside.
- For vegetable stuffing, in a saucepn cook broccoli, carrots, and sweet pepper, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or till crisp-tender. Drain well. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread vegetable stuffing over turkey mixture to within 1 inch of sides. Beginning at a short end, roll turkey tightly using waxed paper to lift mixture. Peel waxed paper away as you roll. Place in a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or till no longer pink (meat thermometer registers 180 degrees). Transfer to a serving platter; brush with melted jelly.