Recipe by jonesies
Taken from the "All New Slow cooker" cookbook. Haven't tried it yet, just putting it here for safe keeping until I do!
Top Review by wphiii
Super easy to make and very good. It's lighter than most stuffed pork receipes. I did add about a 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth into the stuffing mixture because it was looking so dry. I also added a bit more broth into the crock pot. I would make this again and would consider adding a second green pepper, with one it got a bit lost in the stuffing. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 pork loin chops (thick and well trimmed)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (Italian style)
- 1⁄2 cup converted long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pocket into each pork chop, cutting from edge nearest bone.
- Lightly season pockets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine corn, onion, bell pepper, bread crumbs and rice in a large bowl.
- Stuff pork chops with vegetable-rice mixture.
- Secure along fat side with wooden toothpicks.
- Pour any remaining vegetable-rice mixture into slow cooker.
- Add stuffed pork chops to slow cooker.
- Moisten top of each pork chop with tomato sauce.
- Pour any remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until done.