Recipe by Cynna
From Easy Kosher Cooking by Rosalyn Manesse. Posted for ZWT II '06
Top Review by Kirby
Simple and easy way to serve rice. Two side dishes in one. I used vegetable stock in lieu of water to give the rice even more flavor, and use basmati rice. I'll be keeping this in rotation. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and add vegetables.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Add water, salt and pepper and marjoram.
- Bring to boil, lower heat, cover tightly and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender and water is absorbed.