This is a flavorful side dish. I usually serve it with roasted chicken or Italian sausages. Makes plenty so there is some leftover for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans italian seasoned chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 fresh garlic clove, finely minced
- chopped fresh parsley (a generous handful)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil (I use about a tablespoon)
- 1Cook orzo in chicken broth until tender (add water if necessary).
- 2Sauté the the vegetables in butter until tender adding the garlic near the end to prevent burning.
- 3This is where I usually add a little salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- 4Drain the orzo and combine with the cooked vegetables and add the chopped parsley.
- 5The heat of the other ingredients will wilt the parsley.
- 6Stir in the juice of the 1/2 lemon and olive oil if desired.
- 7Serve with grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 368.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: