Recipe by Bellablue
I just threw this together today and it was really good! You can add other vegetables as well as the onion and bell pepper. Next time I am going to add some sauteed mushrooms. Great with a side salad. Hope you enjoy.
- vegetable oil
- 30 ounces frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven at 350.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole with cooking spray. Spread out frozen hash browns and spray the top of the hash browns with cooking spray as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the hash browns are baking, saute the pepper and onion in a little oil and season to taste. Add the ham during the last few minutes of cooking. Let cool.
- Whisk the eggs with the sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and ham mixture to the eggs with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread a 1/3 of the cheese over the hash browns.
- Pour the egg/vegetable/ham/cheese mixture on top.
- Spread the rest of the cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.