Recipe by Hadice
This is another gem to add to your vegetarian collection. It is healthy, easy to make, and delicious. Adapted from "Cookshelf Vegetarian" Tip: Cut all vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 3⁄4 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 1⁄2 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a wok until oil is almost smoking.
- Add the onion and garlic and stirfry for 30 seconds. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable stock (add chilli sauce and cashews here is desired).
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles or rice.