1/1 Photo of Vegetable Cheese Souffle
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2To Make Roux: Melt butter, then blend in flour, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat. Add cheese, and stir until melted.
- 3Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl until thick and lemon colored. Slowly add to cheese mixture, stirring constantly. Reserve, cover and keep warm,.
- 4Sauté mushrooms, red peppers, and broccoli or asparagus tips in olive oil, and reserve.
- 5Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 6In a mixing bowl, add 2 cups roux to vegetables and fold in egg whites.
- 7Pour into an ungreased souffle dish.
- 8Bake in a hot water bath for 15-20 minutes or until "top hat" is slightly brown.
- 9Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Cheese Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.7
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 160.1 mg
- Sodium 565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.9 g