Recipe by Roosie
I haven't tried these, but the word on the street is that they are excellent vegan and gluten free cookies. A nice plus? You can eat the dough without worrying about raw eggs. :) From theppk.com
Top Review by joop
Man I love me some Veganomicon! This is a family fave at our house. Made exactly per recipe, it rocks. Add a teaspoon of CHOCOLATE extract in addition to the vanilla and it takes it to a new level. Super. Thanks for bringing it over.
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Sift together oat flour, soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flax meal and soymilk.
- Add sugar, vanilla and oil and mix until well combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1 1/2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then remove with a spatula and let cool completely on a cooling rack.