Recipe by Ms*Bindy
This veggie lasaga is packed with veggies. I started with a tofu mixture from How It All Vegan, and then went from there. (I expect that the nutrition info is off on the cholesterol. Regular lasagne noodles are vegan, and would have no cholesterol..the Zaar nutritional content is showing cholesterol. However, if you use the no-bake lasagne noodles, those are not vegan, so if that is important to you, then keep that in mind.)
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
Tofu Mixture (from How it all Vegan)
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, sliced very thin (or shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tofu, soy milk, oregano, basil, salt, lemon juice, garlic, and onion. Blend until the mixture has the consistency of ricotta cheese.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots in the oil until crisp-tender. (Feel free to add any other veggies that you like. I just use the ones listed as a starting point.).
- Stir in the tomato sauce and water.
- Bring to boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you find that the veggie mix is too thin, uncover for last 5 minutes.).
- Cover bottom of lasagna pan with 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Layer with lasagne noodles, trimming to fit, if needed.
- Cover with a layer of 1/2 the tofu mixture, then layer of noodles, then layer of 1/2 the veggie mixture, then layer of noodles, then remaining tofu mixture, another layer of noodles, and then top with the remaining veggie mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.