Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This Greek dip is just wonderful! It makes a perfect accompaniment to barbecued food...
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu (1 box)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional) or 1 tablespoon of fresh mint (optional)
- In a blender/food processor blend silken tofu, lemon juice, vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt. When creamy, add chopped garlic and oil. Blend again.
- Taste, add pepper to taste and more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Squeeze the grated cucumber between hands. (Squeeze out as much water as possible.).
- Add cucumber (and herbs, if using) to tofu dip, and stir to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
This recipe blew me away! We are pretty new to vegan cooking. I thought there was no way this would compare to my regular tzatziki recipe. Wow, was I wrong! This is AWESOME!! I didn't have silken tofu~~only extra firm regular tofu. Other than that, I followed the recipe to a "T" and used it in pita bread with falafel and tomatoes. YUM!! Thanks SO much for sharing! I think I may cut down on the garlic just a tad next time, but otherwise it was PERFECT!!! This will become a staple in our house! :O)
This is absolutely fantastic, honestly, no one would know it doesn't have dairy products in it. I would easily serve this to non vegan friends and I bet they love it! Very creamy, does not have a funny tofu-ish aftertaste or texture, just really very good-thanks so much for sharing!
I just made this wonderful recipe and the taste of tofu was barely discernable. I would recommend going easy on the garlic, but apart from that it tastes like the real thing. Great to be served with lebanese bread...