Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
found this on all-creatures.org
- 4 russet potatoes, at least 1-1/2 inches thick
- 1 small onion, sliced (for topping)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano, dried
- cayenne pepper (to taste) or hot sauce (to taste)
Bean Cream (uncheese)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans (Cannellini)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Baked or Microwave Potatoes until tender. Slic length wise into 3 equal slices.
- Dice the onions, crush the garlic, and put into a covered baking dish. Mix in the pepper and cook on "high" in your microwave oven for about 3 to 4 minutes until the onions start to become translucent.
- add the crushed tomatoes and oregano, mix, cover, and cook for about another 30 minutes (mixing every 10 minutes) until the sauce thickens.
- open the can of beans and pour off the liquid. Place the beans in the container of your blender, add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and corn starch, and run the blender at high speed until the contents are creamy smooth.
- spread a thin layer of bean cream on one side of each potato. top with tomato sauce and some onion slices.
- Place in the oven and turn up the heat to 400 degrees F. for approximately 20 minutes.