Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup water (more if needed)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Mix dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix completely.
- It should be a little doughy, add extra water if you need too.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a loaf pan.
This recipe is really tasty, but calling it "bread" is a little misleading. In actuality, this loaf is more like a corn muffin. It's very crumbly, but also very good. It would make a great accompaniment to vegan chili!